Here are a few quick ways to build links by yourself.
External links are important for increasing your Google ranking and making sure you’re recognised online as a leader in your field. Google is the ideal platform as customers and clients have already decided to purchase or acquire your product or service when entering the search criteria.
Keywords on your website along with meta tags and descriptions all help you rise to the top however the more you can promote yourself externally the more Google will recognise your business as valuable to their visitors
There are hundreds of article submission sites that allow you to publish informative content that adds value to the reader. Many frown on blatant self-promotion however they will allow you to insert a self-serving link so the reader can find their way to your website. Not only will this increase your results in Google, it will also attract more customers, as long as you realise the importance of quality content.
Some businesses believe that quantity rivals quality, submitting insipid content that is bypassed by the public as spam or uninteresting, however in the last two months Google have moved their goal posts and now not only are keywords pushing rankings higher but the actual quality of content linked to your website.
WARNING: Research the article site heavily first as many have been penalised by Google for publishing spam. Make sure it’s reputable such as Technorati or Huffpost.
There are a myriad of subjects to choose from depending on your type of business for example:
• Teeth Whitening Superstore – White Teeth, why they play a prominent part in the Booker Prize winner’s Novel
• Waste Disposal – How to Recycle your Rubbish
• Discount Vouchers – Save Pounds on grocery bills with savvy shopping techniques
• Photography – How to Hide your Double Chin in Photographs
• Dating – Will He Call After the First Date?
These all give tips and advice to your current and potential customers and if the content is valuable you may find that as well as increasing your Google ranking you also generate an entirely new customer base too.
Trading blogging spots is a wonderful way to become recognised as depending on who you approach, there will already be a follower base that will hang on your every word. Of course targeting someone in direct competition is foolish however a complementary business may benefit from the trade-off.
• The Teeth Whitening could guest blog on a cosmetic site that offers Botox or even a Spa website.
• The Waste Disposal on a food website or gardening website with a blog about making your own compost
• Discount Vouchers on a money saving expert website, or depending on the vouchers on offer, restaurants, food, fashion or toys.
• Photography could guest blog on a bridal shop website.
• Dating on a relationship website.
Many bloggers are happy to trade places as long as you extend the same courtesy as they know that a link on your blog is also valuable for them.
On Site Blogging
Blogging used to be diary entries by those with a love for creative writing, however, now it is much more than this. An essential business tool on a regular basis you can insert keywords whilst enhancing your visitors experience. You can write your blog yourself giving your customers a rare insight behind the scenes of your business or you could employ copywriting services for an average of £30 per blog.
Having a product or service review on a site such as The Consumer Voice can boost your SEO significantly.